Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yoshinoya Contest

It's been awhile since I last paid a visit to the Yoshinoya branch in Mega Mall. Managed to do so yesterday and I was surprised at the new interiors (giving it a more authentic Japanese look rather than the modernized appearance it once had). Even more surprising was the contest they were hosting: an eat-as-much-as-you-can beef Gyudon bowl in 20 minutes. Grand prize is like P50,000.00. Right now the record holder in the Mega Mall branch is 6 bowls. I'm honestly tempted to join the competition, aside from the fact that I actually have a chance in winning, is due to the surprise factor--I don't think anyone imagines me joining an eating contest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! I would love to see you join that and actually best the current record of 6 bowls. ^_~

Good Luck with that! ^_^